Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Hits Just Keep on Comin

Right when I think that I am finally going to get caught up - The hits just keep on comin.

Honestly they do! I still have a mound of paperwork on my desk. This morning I started going through some of it and I actually threw some things away. I'm sure later on I'll be wondering where they are, but that's ok. I'll just deal with it then.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been really slack in the boys schoolwork. We have strayed from the books and did some fun projects. I sure wish that I would have taken the holidays to do that. Live and learn! LOL

This week I am really trying to get back into the book work. It's going pretty well - so far. Since we had 2 weeks of slacking, the boys ask if they can do this or that. I think I may have made an impression on them with some fun activities. That's not a bad thing! Our homeschool group is really picking up with activities. Now throw up the activities with the Boy Scouts and once again - the hits just keep on comin.
Ok - throw in a Valentine supper. I really wanted to have the kids do some Valentine decorations but there just isn't enough hours in the day. One thing I have really figured out is this...Kids have to get out and run to burn off that energy. Really, they do. I have noticed that our bad days are mostly because they didn't burn off enough of their energy.
Oh yeah - I almost forgot. It's garden planning time. Mention a garden and they boys just go bezerk. Really they do. Is is because they like to watch things grow or because it gets them outside. I don't know - I just like the fact that they are interested in it.
I sure do remember being in the garden with my dad. I also remember all the good meals that momma used to cook from the things that dad grew. Mmmmm - I can smell it cooking now.

Ok - that reminds me that I need to finish cleaning off my desk. Help the boys with their school work and I want us to take a little walk after lunch today. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Katherine Brevard said...

Here’s a post idea for you. Progressive Farmer Magazine has just crowned Maryland's Kent County and nine other best rural places to live based on their ability to thrive--even during struggles--among other quality-of-life statistics. Rankings are further indication of growing interest in rural living in America.
Kent County, Maryland, was awarded top honors in the fourth annual edition of the "Best Places to Live in Rural America" rankings. Each year, the rankings name the top 10 rural counties in the nation, according to several quality-of-life indicators and statistics such as great schools, access to health care, low crime and affordable farmland. All 10 counties are profiled in the February 2008 issue of The Progressive Farmer, and the top 500 rural counties are listed on the magazine’s web site at

www.progressivefarmer.com.

It’s a great celebration of the people that make these rural places special. It shows what they’re doing to keep their rural counties rural. It is a great way for other places--small towns, counties, rural areas--that face the same challenges to find ideas for their areas.