Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's in a Washing Machine

Have you ever wondered what's in a washing machine?  Ok, maybe not.  Anyway I'm gonna tell you.  Your clothes are exactly what's in a washing machine.  Yes, the same ones that you spend hundreds of dollars on.  Yes, the same ones that you try to take such good care of.  Well, there's more than just your clothes in there.  There's your money.  I told you that you spend hundreds of dollars on those clothes.  How about laundry soap?  Yeppers, that's in there too.  Funny how we spend so much on laundry soap and then we put it in the washing machine and the washing machine just pours it down the drain.  Ha, I bet you never thought about that!  Well my laundry soap cost me 1 cent per load.  Yes, I make it myself. 
So anyway....
The Tuesday before Mothers Day, my washing machine decided to quit.  No two week notice, no retirement pension plan, just quit.  Now that I think about it, maybe for the past 4 years it was on it's retirement pension plan.  It sure was needing parts about every 4 or 6 months.  So now I am the proud owner of a brand spanking new washing machine and dryer.  Yes!  The whole set!  The dryer timer quit about 2 years ago and we have been nursing it along all that time.  Besides that, it was geriatric any way.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I'm kinda geriatric and I'm ok (I think).  So we made that decision to just kick them both out of the house and buy new ones.
Part of the washing machine now lives in the chicken pen.  It is the 2 sides and front piece that we put in the chicken pen.  It's pretty cool and the chickens love it.  So...maybe it's not what's in a washing machine...maybe it's what's on a washing machine.

No comments: