Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What shall we do?

Oh so many tempting things to do on a farm! Chickens, pigs, cows, goats, sheep and on and on.... Can we have them all?! Of course we can. However, we might need to settle for just one at a time.
Icelandic Sheep - they are so beautiful (well in pictures anyway). Usually the pictures don't do justice to the subject. That is my experience anyway. We are considering raising Icelandic Sheep. We are planning on visiting a farm and talking to a Sheppard to really get the feel of how it all works. I will post that experience once it happens.
I have even pondered the idea of raising earth worms.
More research is needed on all the critters that we are thinking about.
Regardless, I intend to have a few chickens (I have had them before) and the fresh eggs are priceless.

No comments: