Sunday, August 17, 2008

Storms a comin

It's that time of year. It's been that time of year for a couple of months. Hurricane season! We live inland so we don't run around boarding up the windows and hunting higher ground. Our biggest concern is tornado's that spawn from hurricanes. We generally loose power for a couple of days and get lots of rain. I will say that we sometimes get some pretty high winds. Hmmm...that sounds like we get the hurricane. I guess we do. We generally keep our yard and barn area tidy but when a storms a comin we make sure that things are tied down. Anything that can fly around in high winds gets tied down. So much damage is caused from things that get thrown around in the wind of a storm.

This morning the boys woke me up for church with a surprise. The surprise...another baby squirrel. He was so cold when the boys first gave him to me. I was concerned that he wouldn't warm up, but he did. His eyes are closed, but if you look real close you can see a little bit of his right eye trying to open. By Wednesday or Thursday his eyes should be open. I'm having a difficult time getting him to eat (not really eat but drink his milk). Superman reminded me that it took a couple of tries on Freedom (our first baby squirrel) before he was really active at meal time. You can look back to a year ago and see our first little squirrel. I think we'll name this one Freedom II.

1 comment:

karisma said...

Thankfully we do not get tornados here. But we are expecting a bit of a storm tonight and the wind has picked up pretty strongly!

I hope the little squirrel starts drinking for you! How sad that it has lost its mama!