Wednesday, August 06, 2008

You Want Me to Pay What?

Yeah - you read it right...You want me to pay what - as in how much? Do you feel sometimes like you are just paying for nothing? I feel that way lots of times. If you do the math and figure things out, you will come to realize that yesterday was my birthday. I know...I really am old as dirt. But it's ok - I feel better. Ha Ha!!!

I had no plans on celebrating my birthday in any certain way. As a matter of fact...I just wanted it to be quiet and peaceful. Now that I look back on it, I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I had a doctor appointment for my wrist. I dropped the boys off at one of our church members houses for a little project they had planned. Hugs and kisses bye and I'll see you in about 2 hours. 2 hours - yeah right. It was more like 4 hours.

My doctor appointment was pretty much like I thought - just a small co-pay and a very painful shot. Then off to some other place to get a brace made. I am not kidding when I tell you that when they told me the price that I would have to pay, that I got very sick to my stomach. The bad part - I couldn't even go outside and smoke! The good part - I don't smoke! Over 4 months now! The brace, $280 with my insurance. I called Superman and told him and he talked me into not throwing up. I didn't have the brace made because that price is ridiculous. I was thinking that I had some Popsicle sticks at home that I could mix with a little bit of tape and come up with a brace.

So if you can imagine me sitting here telling you this with Popsicle sticks and tape covering my right wrist. When someone sees it they just ask what happened and I smile when I tell them that one of our science projects failed.

2 comments:

karisma said...

Oh dear! Hugs my friend! Healing should be free! Makes me mad that people have to pay for it! Hope you feel better soon. For now, put your other hand over it three times a day and project healing thoughts for at least ten minutes, call upon the light thats inside you! I will send some healing your way as well.

Now onto other matters, do you really make any money out of all these ads? Because the other day I was part of a discussion about blogs people visit, and like myself, most of them said they do not wait for the blogs to load when there are too many ads. I have to admit as much as I love this blog, I don't have the time to wait for it to load up everytime I think I will come and do a post.

People want to come and visit you and hear what you have to say, not go shopping! I don't want to step on your toes or anything but honestly I would help out more here if it was a bit quicker! Another blog I visit has lost a lot of her regular readers due to her incessant advertising campaigns and she does make a fair bit of money out of it but has lost her friends.

Hope you feel better soon. Blessings and Peace to you

Alta said...

Karisma you have got to be one of the most honest people I know. I love you for it too. Step on my toes...please!
Ads - I don't like them either. I thought that I could make some money with the ads but it seems as though that just isn't working. I thought that with the ads that I could help my blog page rank on google. I thought a lot of things that just hasn't worked.
Now I know that I will clean up my blog to make it a nicer place to visit.
I bet that me healing my blog may help in healing me.
I love the positive healing thoughts that you are sending.
Thank you!