Thursday, March 29, 2012

County Fair

Years ago, back when I was a youngin, we always looked forward to out county fair.  It seemed like it took forever for each year to roll around and the fair come to town.  Of course we were a family that didn't have much money so we didn't go every day that the fair was in town.  But...we did get to go one day each year!  The smell of the Elephant Ears that were so yummy and the sound of all the carnie music just got you in the spirit.  I didn't participate in any events either.  My dad worked a lot and my mom didn't drive, and this made it difficult for me or my sister to participate. The fair moved out of town one year and it didn't come back for many, many years.
Well times have changed and I am more excited now than when I was a kid.  The fair has come back to town!
I am now a participant!  Yeah! me!  The boys will be entering items in the fair and so will I.  I have a pair of socks that I knitted, an oil painting and I am thinking...maybe a decoupage.  Matthew (my youngest) is entering some of his art items also.  He has a knitted scarf and some crayon art to enter.
I will let you know how it all goes - so be sure to check back around the middle of April.

Here are a few pictures from last year at the fair.


If you guessed from the top of the Farris Wheel, you are correct.  Ok - so it's a little tiny thing.  Our town is a tiny town too but we get pretty good participation and maybe, just maybe the fair can come to town every year.

No comments: