Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fun and Free

I think that I mentioned a couple things about me. I want to Homeschool our boys, however, I haven't quiet made the decision to Homeschool them yet. One thing that I have just started is that I am Summer Homeschooling our boys.
I started out with my 3 boys. Their ages are 9, 11 and 13. This Monday (yesterday) the 3 neighbor children joined us for class. Their ages are 7, 9 and 11. Our public school has all of the children in the following grades: 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th. So you can see the range of grades that I am working with. We all read together as a group. Even the younger ones read aloud in class. I have even assigned them spelling words that will benefit all of the age ranges and grade levels. They all help each other out and I try to get them to learn a little patience while listening to each other. It isn't easy but they are all trying and that is part of learning.

I have found some wonderful links where you can print out free worksheet. Our boys really enjoy working together as a group and working on their own with the worksheets.
Some of these websites are free to join, others thre is a fee. I find free worksheets and information on all of the links.

Find the 50 State Capitals.
Lots of Free items at School Express
Songs for Teaching
Free Math Worksheets
Great printables
Teacher Stuff
The online reading program Reading a-z.com
Connections Academy—the free K–11 public schooling program that students attend from home.
Sites for Teachers
Free Educational Worksheets
Learning Page
abc teach
Printable Certificates
Teacher Planet
Carl's Corner
edHelper.com

Also - I wanted to invite you to join me on Gather, a social networking site where people like us meet, talk, and stay in touch -- all for free. The content is great and ranges from politics to cooking, plus you can publish your own articles or photos and comment on other's contributions. We even earn Gather Points just by using the site! You can exchange your points for great stuff like books, CDs, wine, and vacations. Check it out! Hope to see you on Gather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alta,

What a great idea to have a summer trial. I wish I could have done that! LOL. We started on the spur of the moment and had to wing it.

I am having fun with this blog, for some reason my login is not working and twice now I have had to get emails to change the password which it will not accept the next time I turn on the computer.

I really like the learning page site and have been using their worksheets since the beginning. I like the theme sheets and we use one subject per term, its great.

Anyway Im off to try and sort out the login once again. Hopefully I will be up and running again soon.

Cheers Lisa

Alta said...

I am glad that you are having fun with this blog. I really enjoy it too. I am also glad that you joined our little Country family.

I am not sure what the problem could be with your login but if you don't get it working soon, just email me privately and we will see what we can do about it.

I really miss your post.
Alta