Monday, June 11, 2007

It Can Happen To You

As careful as I try to be...It happened to me. What has happened? Someone managed to get into my ebay account, one of my email accounts and my paypal account. I am a suspicious person by nature. I am always careful and try to stay out of harms way.
I have no idea how it happended to me. But I know it can happen to you, too.

Here are my suggestions.
1. Do not use the same password for all of your accounts.
2. Change your password.
3. Be extremely cautious and suspect everyone and every website.
4. Do not give any information over the internet or over the phone.
5. Get a call back number and call the company or person back before you give out any info.
6. Be careful!

I am hoping that who ever got into those accounts of mine did not go any deeper and find out any more info. Regardless, I am changing every password and every account that I can think to change.

2 comments:

karisma said...

I am so sorry to hear that Alta, did you lose much money? I hope not. I am always wary about paying for things via paypal too. I have only used it the once as it was my only option. My husband has told me to keep any eye out for emails that come to your box asking you to confirm passwords and accounts, he says they are not secure and you shouldnt answer them at all.

Alta said...

At this point I have not lost any money. The person that did this has taken over my ebay account and using it to sell things. They are sending the money to paypal. My paypal. It's kinda funny and sad all at the same time. The money that is in my paypal account is not mine, it is from buyers on ebay that are getting ripped off by the one that stole my info. Now paypal and ebay are working to get the money sent back to the buyers and they are working to nab the one that is doing this illegal stuff.

I never open those emails because I know that they are bad.