Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Needless to say that I have been busy! LOL
I cannot believe that it has been so long since I posted. I have been slacking. Shame on me.

Ok - now for the most recent updates on the boys!

This month they are going to be placed in our home! Yes - this month. We are all so excited! We don't have a definate date yet, but we do know that it will be by the end of March.

On the 23rd of February, I picked the middle boy up by himself. My husband had to work, so we got to spend the weekend together. We had a really great weekend together. Getting him by himself was a great idea that myself, my husband and the case worker came up with. He is the one that has the most challenges and the one that needs the most one on one time.

From now until they are placed in the home we are getting them every weekend. We really are moving forward with this and did I mention that we are excited.

What happens from here?
We pick them up every weekend and they have their weekend stayover. I said that they will be placed in the home this month. Once they are placed in our home, there will be a 90 day period for us and the boys to get to know each other much, much better. Going through our daily routines will certainly help all of us learn more about each other.
The 90 day period is to make sure that all of us want to continue with the adoption. The boys also get to give their opinion and feelings about us adopting them. Right now they are all for it and so are we.
Once the 90 day period is over, all 5 of us will go before a Judge. The Judge will ask us all some questions to help determine if we are all ready for the adoption to be final.
That is pretty much all I know at this point. Once it all happens, I will be able to fill in the blanks.

No comments: