Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fun Days

I love fun days! I have to have at least one fun thing in my day, everyday. No matter if it is the cat sleeping in a silly way, me tripping over the throw rug for the 3rd time in a row or kayaking on the river. Fun Days or fun in our day is important to me and to our family.

Since Spring is in the air and the days grow longer (more daylight) we have more chances to have fun and have fun days.

Today was one of those days. Everyone gets up, eats breakfast, cleans up, straightens up and away we go. Boys out to play, me off to the barn and hubby playing with his toys. Then we head off to the gun range and the boys got to shoot real guns for the very first time. Not only did they get to shoot the guns but they had to sit still and pay attention for about 20 minutes. That 20 minutes was spent on telling and teaching them about guns. Gun safety, eye protection, hearing protection and so on. When a child is interested in something they really will sit still and pay attention.
My husband was wonderful with the boys and I think that he enjoyed it as much as they did. All 3 of the boys got to bring home their targets and the bullets and cartridges that they fired. Those targets, bullets and cartridges will be put in their bedrooms on the wall as a trophy. A reminder that if I try, I can. And the more I do something, the better I get at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! Ive been checking in all week and you must all be still having fun settling in, Im really so happy for you.