Saturday, July 28, 2007

No Swimming

Ok - I know. I wanted so bad to take the boys swimming Friday. However, it just didn't happen. Superman drove our SUV to work so that he could work on it. Work on it? Yes. It has a rear axle seal leaking. He called me to let me know that he was on his way home and that he wasn't able to fix the SUV and that he would tell me all about it when he got home.
Once he got home there was an incident with JD that had to be taken care of. Oh not too bad of an incident - just playing in the fire, that's all. All 3 of the boys wanted to have a weenie roast, so out I go to stoke the fire. Ok - now I gotta got back another step. For the past week we have been burning limbs that Superman cut from some of our trees. These things will keep a really great set of coals and be very hot for several days. So I pile up all the little loose sticks and throw them on the ashes, and within about 3 minutes we had a fire for the boys to roast weenies. JD thought that it would be a great idea to get his dad's really expensive flashlight (which none of the boys are allowed to touch with permission), needless to say, he did not have permission. While he was getting the flashlight, he thought it would be ok for him to grab a box of kitchen matches. Not a good idea! But no one was hurt and it was dealt with and over.

The SUV - Superman explained all about how he was unable to fix it. He said that he will take it to work in a couple of weeks and get it fixed. He did explain how he wants me to handle it while he is out of town. So we didn't get to go swimming on Friday but I certainly have swimming planned for this coming week. I think we will go to a friends house that I have not seen in quiet a few years and swim in the pool. I think we will go to the springs, which is only about 10 miles from our house. I think we will go to my friends house that lives on the river and do some swimming and some tubing (which the boys and I love to do). Then maybe we might sneak off to the beach. Who knows.

It's now Saturday and life is good! We just got home from a wonderful day at Superman's dad's house. We had a little cook out and there were lots of kids for our boys to play with. It rained! But that's ok, my father in law, being the wise man that he is has a shop that we can all hang out in. On the way home the boy's talked about all the cousins they now have. It was a very good day!

No comments: