Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall Like Weather

All of the professionals say that Fall is not in the air. Well, I am a native Floridian and I say Fall is in the air. At least we are having Fall like weather. I think it may be from several of the storms that have come and gone from the Atlantic and from the Gulf of Mexico. Today we had some much needed rain, which our family always welcomes.

Here in Florida, we don't have to much of the leaf changes. One day the trees have leaves and the next they don't. That's pretty much the extent of our leaf changes. I did notice today that the Sycamore trees have really turned their leaves to some pretty colors. We've had a breeze for the past couple of days too and that has been really nice. This is the kind of weather that I love to be at the barn in.

I love the smell of the barn. Hay all stacked up and it has such a country smell. The smell of the compost pile is so earthen. The smell of the horses when they visit me at the barn.

It may not be Fall yet - but we sure are having Fall like weather.

No comments: