Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why I Married Superman

We all have our little magical feelings. If you don't think they are magic, that's ok. Maybe it's just a dream to you. But when it happens, you know it's magic. I know it's magic. Here's how I know.

During a crises in one of my relationships, the movie Practical Magic came out. I saw the advertisement and thought that I really would like to see it. I watched it and I thought it was an awesome movie. But in all reality, I really didn't see it with my eyes and heart open until the year 2000. That's when I met Superman.

A part from the movie.
When Sally was a child, she so despaired of falling victim to the curse, she cast a spell that would protect her from ever falling in love. She chose nearly impossible traits in a man, confident she'd never meet someone who would meet them perfectly.
The traits were - he had to be exceptionally kind, be able to flip pancakes in the air, he can ride a pony backwards, his favorite shape had to be a star and he will have one blue eye and one green eye.

He and I had been dating for about a month and this is what I discovered. He started telling me about a pony that he had when he was a child. He told me all about the pony and how much fun he had with his pony. Yes, he even told me he used to ride the pony backwards. I had already spotted the necklace he wore all the time. A gold chain and...a Sheriff's star on the chain. His profession - a Deputy. I already knew that he was exceptionally kind to me. Ok, now I have the exceptionally kind, riding a pony backwards and a star.
This is where I had to really exam his eyes. No joke - I kid you not! He has one green eye and one blue eye! Can he flip pancakes in the air? He sure can.
Just one more eerie thing about it all. The first name of the cop in the movie is Gary. And exactly what do you think my husbands first name is? You guessed it if you said Gary.

1 comment:

karisma said...

Sounds like magic to me. Now can you cast a spell that makes me "enjoy" shopping today? Im off to take TC and her friend shopping for her birthday. Im sure it will be an all day event.They are a couple of gigglepots and are very hard to lose in the shops. I tried this before and they kept finding me! LOL