Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crafts and You

Are you a craft lover? I am! I love to do all kinds of crafts. I crochet, knit, sew, paint and so many more. Right now I am working on making a chalkboard. I have taken about a quarter sheet of plywood and chalkboard paint and created a chalkboard. It has taken me about 3 days to sand the plywood, paint it and do a little more painting and sanding.
What I wished that I would have done. I used spray paint. Krylon makes a special chalkboard paint. Also, Rustoleum makes chalkboard paint. I just cured my chalkboard by rubbing chalk over the whole surface and then erasing it. Because of the texture of the wood, I wish I would have used a paint brush instead of the spray paint. I will have to try that next. I had a scrap piece of metal that I could have used, but my dear sweet husband likes metal and he preferred that I use the wood. But really - I like the wood chalkboard. I like it for several reasons - I made it - it will help my children and chalkboards are a thing of the past now that there are dry erase boards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alta, Great job on the blackboard, we used to have a big one in the backyard when the girls were little, what a lot of dust it created. I also love to try different crafts. This week I finished a jumper (sweater) for myself and just finished the neck and it wouldnt fit over my fat head. I had a good laugh and pulled it apart. Im hoping to adjust it to fit. LOL. I have been a bit under the weather this week so didnt get much done. The boys loved it as they didnt do schoolwork for a couple of days as I wasnt up to it. My little nephew who is just 7 months old also was unwell and spent some time in hospital, poor little thing he was so sick and miserable. Normally he is such a happy baby, thankfully he is much better now. I hope all is well on your side of the world.

Keep smiling, Lisa xxxx

Alta said...

I would love to have a larger blackboard for us all to play with and learn on.
That is so funny about not fitting over your fat head. LOL That sounds like something that my husband would say. He says that he has a basketball for a head. LOL
I am sure that you will be able to get it to fit.
Oh wow - I am sorry to hear thatyou and your family have not been feeling well. Poor little guy in the hospital. I hope that he is home and well soon.
Things on my side of the world are certainly moving along. Some days fly by and other days seem to go so slow. Of course we have our good days and our bad days. But thankfully there are more good than bad. That is always a plus. I am so glad that you stopped by and left a comment. I always enjoy reading your comments on my blog. The boys have about 3 weeks of school left and we are all really looking forward to the summer. I will be giving them schoolwork each weekday to help them get a little closer to grade level. Anything that I do is only going to help them.
Hope you are better soon and I hope to hear from you soon.
Smiling for you and the boys! Alta