Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

The first night that the tooth was pulled my little one completely forgot to put his tooth under his pillow. Yes, I know I was supposed to remind him. But it was so exciting and funny to actually get the tooth pulled that I forgot. Last night I finally remembered to remind him to put the tooth under his pillow. He was so concerned that she may not find the tooth. And I assured him that the "Tooth Fairy" was getting a signal at that very moment. And he looked at me and said "It's you, isn't it". Of course it isn't me, I don't have time to visit every little boy or girl that puts their tooth under their pillow. He just giggled and was at ease with my answer. Off to sleep he goes, dreaming about a little fairy coming to get his tooth and leave him money.

This morning he made his bed and then he came running into the dining room and announced that he found a dollar under his pillow. I said "Of course you did, it's from the tooth fairy". His reply was "Oh yeah" and smiled! My middle son then said, "Let me put it this way, there is no Tooth Fairy". I called his name and he knew that I meant to be quiet about the subject. He is the one with a loose tooth now. Hmmm...No "Tooth Fairy". When his tooth comes out I think he will believe again.

Oh to be so young and innocent and believe.

Today I saw the "Tooth Fairy". She was on the counter at the dentist office. She was beautiful. I had to tell the boys when they got home from school and they had all kinds of questions. What did she look like? What was she wearing? What was she doing? She is beautiful, she was wearing a georgous purple dress and she was napping.

No comments: