Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rain Rain Rain

Where is the rain? For some reason we didn't get any April Showers. The fires that I see in the news every day are horrible. We are getting smoke from the fires in Georgia and now there are fires in Florida. It is hard to breath outside and the ground is so extremely dry. I think I have been running the sprinkler every day for about 2 weeks now. I have one sprinkler on the yard and one on the pasture. I worry about our well going dry because the aquafier being so low.

Global Warming - Yes, I believe in it. I think that it is happening right before our eyes. I have lived within 15 miles of where I was born all my life (45 years) and I see the change in the weather and the seasons. It is rare for us to have a Winter that actually can be called Winter. Our Summers seem to last longer and longer every year. Our family does a few things to help the planet. There are a lot of ways to help the planet and I am sure that every family can fit at least one into their lifestyles. We recycle aluminum cans. Did you know that the price for aluminum cans now is between 45 cents and 65 cents? Not only are you helping the planet but you are putting cash in your pockets. With gas prices so darn high and going higher the extra cash comes in handy. We also reuse items such as tin cans, cardboard boxes and other containers. We use them to plant vegetables in. The kids love container gardening. One or two little seeds in a tin can will produce a great surprise for the kids. This morning our oldest looked out the window and called me with great excitement in his voice. He had spotted the beans that have seemed to spring up overnight. Wait until we get to pick the beans and then eat them. He will really be amazed then.

No comments: