Monday, November 12, 2007

Carnivals, Fairs and More

Last week I took the boys to our local fair. The local fair hasn't been in town for...Well for a lot of years. I just don't wanna tell my age right now. LOL It was fun but really not very organized. It'll all come together if they keep having it.

This week we are all going to the adoption celebration. I'm not sure all that happens there, because I have never been to one. But I bet I'll be able to tell you in a couple of days.

22nd Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire is coming to town at the end of January. I have been to this once and I really enjoyed it. It will be wonderful for the boys. They get to step back in time a little bit.

My favorite is the mounted knights jousting in full plate armor. I loved that part!

Here's a bit of info on the Faire:
Join the crowd and cheer for your favorite contender as mounted knights joust in full plate armor on the tournament field. Applaud street performers who dance, juggle and jest for your amusement. Listen to minstrels playing period music and enjoy continuous live entertainment on eight stages. Browse through the bustling medieval marketplace for that perfect gift or trinket.
Watch and enjoy as warriors and magicians battle one another in a living chess match, or test your own skills in games of chance, strength and skill. Watch and learn as more than 150 artisans demonstrate their skills in blacksmithing, weaving, leather working, woodcarving, pottery and much more. Indulge in a fare fit for a king in our food court, where you can find sweet potato fries, bloomin onions and our famous giant turkey legs.

No comments: