Thursday, November 08, 2007

Local School Lockdown

I am so thankful today that we made the decision to home school. Why? Because our 3 boys were not involved in the school lockdown.
Lockdown at Bronson schools ends. This is what I saw on the headlines of our local newspaper when I started reading it today. What was the first few words I saw? Lockdown at Bronson schools.
"Officials had received reports that a 15-year-old had run away from home and may have taken three guns with him."
I got nervous when I saw it. I was scared and concerned and I wondered if everyone was safe. I don't want to hear from anyone who says this can't happen in their schools or their neighborhood. Because it can! Two of the schools are about 1/4 of a mile from the Sheriff's Office. Yes - that close.
I read the article to the boys and they were concerned. All 3 of them ask me to please not send them back to public school. This is something that children should not be concerned about. If it's not one thing in public school, it's another.

No comments: