Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Some Days

Some days are certainly better than others. Have you ever had one of those days? I have, and today was one of them. I think everyone just got up on the wrong side of the bed. My mom used to ask us when we were grouchy, "did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?". Really I think it may be because the boys are just not getting enough sleep. Since there isn't any school right now, I have been pretty much just letting them stay up late. I think it may be catching up with them. Well after the day we had today with tempers flaring up, Superman and I thought we may just need to put them all to bed a little earlier every night. Maybe we can give them a Friday or Saturday night of staying up later. I am sure this will help with the approaching of school time.

We did manage to go to the springs today. While we were at the springs there wasn't any trouble at all. They all 3 had a wonderful time jumping off of the dock and then swimming around to the ladder, climbing back up, only to jump off again. I have to admit, it really is fun. MJ would not jump off the dock at first, so I finally got him to walk out to the edge with me. We stood there for a minute or two (long enough for me to pry him off of me). He kept saying that there was no way that he was going to jump. I kept talking to him and asking why not. I explained that he swings on the rope swing at the river, but for some reason he was not going to jump. Finally, I have him pried off of me and he is standing in front of me, we take little baby steps up to the edge and wa la - I push him. I know, how horrible of me. Yeah right! He hits the water and once his head pops up he says, "That was fun, I'm gonna do that again!". Now a team of wild horses couldn't drag him off the dock. Silly little thing - it's always the first step.

Once we got back home from swimming, the trouble with the boys started all over again. Picking on each other and just irritable in general. Tonight we started the earlier bed times. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better.

1 comment:

karisma said...

Yes, we have days like those, quite often in our house. Little boys definately need their sleep, even is they dont think so. We always had a 7.30pm winter bedtime up until this year when we left it at the summer time of 8.30 (we have daylight savings which means 8.30 in summer is really only 7.30) It gets confusing for the kids thats for sure. Since we started to homeschool, we do tend to sometimes let them stay up to watch a program. Or on a weekend, if we have visitors but never more than 1 night. DB will have a sleep in if hes up late but GB still gets up early, so gets quite grumpy!